Becoming a Groups Scholar
To be eligible for the Groups Scholars programs students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the state of Indiana
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (Has a green card)
- Meet the income and eligibility guidelines
- Please contact us directly to obtain information contained in these documents in an accessible format.
- Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of at least 2.5
- Complete the minimum (34 hours) college preparatory courses
Personal characteristics also are an important part of being a Groups Scholar. We look for students who demonstrate a positive attitude, a sense of civility, the ability to persevere, and a strong motivation to succeed, an excellent attendance record, and a commitment to earn a college degree.
Applications are available from Recommenders starting August 1 and the deadline for submission is November 1 of each year. We will accept applications until December 15, but priority consideration will go to those who complete their application by the November 1 deadline. An application is considered complete when an IU Application with all supporting documentation and a Groups application is on file.